PUREHOOP SHOOTING LEAGUE is a co-ed multi-week program, in late summer to early fall, designed to train and develop spot up shooting accuracy in a competitive shooting environment. By making this shooting league competitive you will feel the pressures of game shooting which is exactly what you need to be your team’s clutch shooter. For grades 7 - 12.
Our idea is to provide an atmosphere where athletes can come to simple develop their shot and improve ball handling skills. Whether you are involved with a fall sport of not this league is designed to be once a week, later in the evening on Tuesdays.
This is NOT a league to scrimmage or horse around, but rather for players to developing shooting skills only!
Each shooter will be instructed the basics of our PUREHOOP program; solid shooting mechanics, proper footwork, body balance, ball positioning, elevation and follow-through. See our PUREHOOP MINI eBOOK.
* REGISTER NOW * (coming)
Each league night will be divided into 3 segments:
A league team (composed of two shooters) will compete against another team to attain the higher team score in alternating head-to-head competition. A game for each player consists of 25 "free throws" and 25 "perimeter" shots grouped in 6 frames and recorded on a score card. See rules below.
“The Gun” is a machine designed to multiply and intensify your shooting ability. Shooters can get quick multiple feeds in resulting in quick feet, soft hands, rapid release, shooting with an arch (permanently) and building muscle memory.
In addition to the competitive shooting league we also work on each athlete's ball handling skills through the use of 1-ball and 2-ball dribbling stations. Without a team’s solid dribbling skills shots will never open up in the game and good ball control is a must!
Register as a team or alone and we’ll assign teams.
GREAT PRE-SEASON SHOOTING OPPORTUNITY!
PUREHOOP SHOOTING LEAGUE (co-ed for grades 7 - 12) in more detail:
This game provides a standard, highly-structured, competitive, free-throw and perimeter shooting challenge that requires participants to repetitively demonstrate consistent shooting (above 50% accuracy) in order to break the barrier to advanced scoring.
THE SHOOTING LEAGUE RULES:
1. Each team must have 2 players.
2. A game for each player consists of 25 "free throws" and 25 "perimeter" shots grouped into 6 "frames". A perimeter may be a 3-pointer (beyond 19' 9") or a 2-pointer (beyond 15'), shooter option anytime.
4. Each player must shoot all shots within the time frame shown below. Last shot only counts if it has left the shooting hand when time expires.
Frame 1 ... 90 seconds
Frame 2 ... 60 seconds
Frame 3 ... 90 seconds
Frame 4 ... 60 seconds
Frame 5 ... 45 seconds
Frame 6 ... 30 seconds
5. Perimeter shots taken in "around the world" fashion from 5 designated spots:
- corner, wing, center, opposite wing, opposite corner
6. Points for each player are awarded according to the following system:
- made free throws = 1 point
- made 2-pointer = 2 points,
- made 3-pointer = 3 points
- 5 bonus points per frame if over 50% of shots made during the frame.
7. Play begins with league director beginning first 90 second frame. Teams alternate shooting rotations until 4 shooters have completed frame 1. Only 10 seconds is allowed between shooters within frame and between frames. Play continues in this fashion with teams alternating after each frame.
8. The shooting order of teams must remain the same for entire game.
9. All shots must be rebounded by teammate and passed back to the shooter.
10. One of the opposing team members must keep score on scorecard. It is both team’s responsibilities to confirm scoring after each frame.
11. The league director will maintain the timing between frames.
Here is our sample score card
Every evening will be unique with a lot of shooting, individual contests, and game type drills that will improve your teamwork and your individual skills. We will post scores online so you and your coach can follow your progress!
Co-ed for grades 7 - 12
Cost $__.00 Register by May 31st
for $5.00 discount.
Enter discount code "save5summer" in online shopping cart.
** ALL FARWELL ATHLETES CAN REGISTER AT 40% OFF **
USE COUPON CODE "farwell40" IN ONLINE SHOPPING CART.
THIS IS FOR OUR USE OF FARWELL'S SHOOTING GUN!
Come and be a part of this exciting HIGH ENERGY shooting
and be ready to sweat and most of all SHOOT!
CHECK OUT OUR POPULAR SHOOTING BOOK
only from HOOPZONE Basketball. Order yours today!
Click above to enlarge
PUREHOOP, The B.E.E.F. Book - By: Bruce Owens ++ PLAYER EDITION ++
Learning the art of jump shooting is not an easy task! This eBook is just what every shooter needs. Instruction and 17 great shooting drills designed for one person or two to help you improve your shot!
-You Be the Coach, -B.E.E.F. Principles, -Free-Throw Tips, -Progress Chart, -17 Shooting Drills, -Errors & Corrections. 25 pages