|Ball boy/Girl Responsibilities
back to The OZONE
Having a ball boy or girl can be a great help to any team. I've had kids over the years who have done a great job and some that were more trouble than they were worth. I remember one that created so much frustration on my part I couldn't wait until it was over. When selecting a ball helper always try and pick a youth who is responsible and loves the game. Below are some rules and guidelines you may want to use. Make sure you come to an agreement with youth and their parents on what is expected of them. It can be a good learning experience for them.
- Attend all home games, ride with team on any away games.
- Maintain a positive/helpful attitude toward team.
- Be at home games 15 minutes early before JV game.
- Have game ball ready for referees at home games.
- Have balls ready for use and collect them after use.
- Have towels ready for use and collect them after game.
- Have coaches white board ready on time outs, hand to coach.
- Have water bottles full & ready & into huddles on time outs.
- Work with team assistant.
- Clean up water on floor after timeouts with towel.
- Willing to do anything ask to do in assisting team and coaches.
Get the right helper,
back to The OZONE
YOUR #1 WEBSITE FOR BASKETBALL INFORMATION!
Home Court | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Camps | Disclaimer
All Rights Reserved.
This basketball site contains knowledge that I have learned from my experiences of playing, coaching, clinics and other colleagues.
If you attend any of our camps you will be taught these same principles. Although I can not claim the knowledge to be all my
own I do
ask that you respect my work and not use this site’s materials in a
profitable way. You may however print and
materials for your team and your personal use.
Property of HOOPZONE Basketball, 2014